[ltp] FIXED! Suspend/resume with T61p and nVidia Quadro FX 570M

Sam Ruby linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:29:17 -0400

 > I'm using v169.12 of the x86_64 driver from nVidia directly, if anyone
 > is interested in testing/duplicating my results.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce your results.

My thinkpad model: 6457-B51

I downloaded Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) Beta 64-bit PC (AMD64) desktop CD
and burned the ISO image.

I did a full clean install, specifying "safe mode" for graphics.  I then
did an apt-get update followed by an apt-get dist-upgrade.  Then a full
reboot.

I then downloaded an installed:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_amd64_169.12.html

After a full reboot, I saw the NVIDIA splash screen and was no longer in
safe graphics mode.  I then followed your instructions, and then did
another full reboot.  The only thing odd I noticed is that there
previously was *not* a "Module" section in the xorg.conf, so I simply
added one.

I enabled the suspend option on lid closing.  And then closed the lid
and waited approximately 30 seconds.  When I reopened it, the screen was
blank, and even Ctrl-Alt-F1 was not sufficient to get it back.

I appreciate the work you have done in documenting how you got it to
work for you, and hope that this can be generalized.

- Sam Ruby