[ltp] Mouse Wheel Emulation

Thomas Kahle linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:40:09 +0200

Michael Gaber wrote:

> Thomas Kahle schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> first you should check if evdev somehow grabs the mouse and unmerge
>>> it, if it does.
>>
>> In fact, this is the case. On the other hand i don't want to unmerge
>> it, since I use it for my keyboard and now every of the little special
>> keys works perfectly.
>
> what "little special keys" ? if you mean the audio-buttons on the lower
> right: wey work well with x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard and my xorg.conf.
>
> so i killed evdev and use -keyboard and -mouse and they work exactly the
> way I'd like them to

In particular the volume keys and and the forward backward keys which I
use systemwide for walking through tabs, and moving around in "okular".

Actually I think the keyboard driver is deprecated, but I must admid,
there are problems with evdev.
The other thing is, that I use autodetection of input devices through
hal (which was introduced in xorg-server 1.4.0.90) and somehow I make
mistakes with the hal policy files i think. Unfortunately i cannot find
any documentation on how to configure the mouse with hal.
On the other hand i cannot accept the "disable hal in xorg solutions"
presented everywhere. This should not be the way.

Do you use hal in xorg ? If so, do you have fdi files for the mouse ?

Thanks already
Thomas