[ltp] switching display

Helmut Hullen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
10 Apr 2008 19:45:00 +0200

Hallo, all,

I have some Thinkpads (T20 -T23, T40). Switching the display to "only
external display" works fine with "fn f7", and I need this option for
some laptops who run as test servers many hours and days.

Now one or two laptops don't accept "fn f7" for switching; I'm not sure
why. May be another kernel (2.6.24.3 self compiled - not the first
kernel I've compiled). I haven't yet tested other Linux Live CDs.

Can I send the command "only external display" via script? Is there any
place (p.e. in "/proc") where this option is switchable?

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut