[ltp] problems with T60 buttons

Kenneth Mitchell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:27:41 -0500

------=_Part_38501_15922406.1208190461231

I can't get my special keys on my thinkpad T60 to work.  My laptop works but
now I'm getting comfortable enough with linux I want all the extra gizmos on
my keyboard to work as well.

I'm using kubuntu 7.10

I'm a linux newbie.  I've read a lot of forums and it seems that there
should be an IBM button under the kde system setting / advanced.  It is not
there.  How do I install this module so I can change the usage of those
special keys.  Specifically the ones that don't work right now that are
concerning are the monitor brightness keys (volume mute works but the
increase or decrease volume don't override the mute on the volume applet in
the lower right - once I turn off mute then they will work as well).

A couple other forums mentioned the thinkpad acpi module installed in my
kernel. How do I tell if that module is part of my kernel and if it isnot
part of my kernel how do I add it.  Maybe I'm just running a generic acpi
right now?

What kind of data do you guys need to futher trouble shoot?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Dean Mitchell