[ltp] RAM used in A30

Olaf Schultz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:21:07 +0200

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 09:00, Axel Braun wrote:
> Gents,
>
> can I install any SO-DIMM module in the ThinkPad A30?
>
> I've bought some 512MB in the configuration "dual in line 64X8". The RAm
> shows up as defective, and the vendor claims that the TP can only deal with
> 32X8. Can we proof this somehow?

Hm, my A30 did'nt run with 2x512 MB. It was able to run with 1x512 MB in
each slot, but not with two occupied slots in any comboniation.

I used Memtest86 for testing...sinlge bank no problem over up to ten
tried passes (overnight), two banks no completed pass.

RAM: Original IBM and two Kingston PC133 (KVR...)

Greetings,

Olaf, now an A31 using, after garbled screen with the A30...Schultz

--
Olaf Schultz
Heimfelder Straße 77