[ltp] T61 temperature limits

shadowkernel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:46:47 +0800

I am using a tp-fancontrol
program(http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_control_fan_speed) to
control the fan speed of my T61. Without this program, my fan runs
constantly at about 3000 rpm, and CPU temperature 41 Celsius or so, GPU
48 Celsius or so. After running the program for a period of time, my
Ubuntu operates slowly, and I feel very uncomfortable when typing
characters. Any suggestions or comments?

Li