[ltp] T61, Lenovo quality, Linux pre-installed, alternatives

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:30:05 -0700

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:13:29 +0100
Jose Celestino <japc@co.sapo.pt> dijo:

> I have a T61p from work, the 1920x1200 model. The screen and keyboard
> are amazing, considering they're the prime user interfaces I'm pretty
> pleased. The only complaints I have is the size and weight, slow and
> sometimes flaky suspend (to ram) and the battery life, I have a 9 cell
> and was expecting a little more than 4 hours. But all in all is a
> remarkable fast and robust laptop.

If you are using 64-bit Linux, I note that one of the new features of
Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) will be power saving features which are the equal
of 32-bit Linux. Hardy's release will be Thursday. Can't wait!