[ltp] Re: T61, Lenovo quality, Linux pre-installed, alternatives

Hendrik-Jan Heins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 00:30:59 +0200

For the power issue: "rmmod uhci_hcd"
This removes the usb 1.1 driver and saves a bundle in power. Without
this driver, you can get to C3 state; with it, you can get no further
than C2.

As for the temperature: how hot is that? And what are the temperature
readings from your machine. If it really gets hot, it means your cpu
is crunching numbers all the time, run "top" to see which processes
make it run all the time.

Hendrik-Jan