[ltp] Re: T61, Lenovo quality, Linux pre-installed, alternatives

Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:21:45 -0300

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:
> As for the temperature: how hot is that? And what are the temperature
> readings from your machine. If it really gets hot, it means your cpu
> is crunching numbers all the time, run "top" to see which processes
> make it run all the time.

Or does it mean that the reverse-engineered fingerprint driver (or its
PAM glue) is leaving the darned thing on all the time, which is bound to
not only waste power and cause thermal disconfort, but maybe even damage
the fingerprint hardware eventually?

Time for someone to go after that bug, or to donate me a T61 with Intel
graphics (which would mean instant major increase in the support level
for that model in thinkpad-acpi and everything else that is clearly
causing that much trouble) ;-)

  Henrique Holschuh