[ltp] High-pitch noise on a T60

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:24:01 +0300

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 05:29:01PM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 03:23:07PM +0000, Christian wrote:
> > Try this as root:
> >=20
> > echo 2 > /sys/module/processor/parameters/max_cstate
>=20
> I assume this will prevent the CPU to enter C3 state. Is this really a go=
od
> idea?

It removes the high-pitched whine I hear on my T61 when on battery.  At
the cost of some power savings, I assume, although I haven't measured
the change yet.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
One could envision a different approach to persistence (hands wave and
magical stardust appears overhead to percussive indian string music)
where objects in the database were proxied rather than deriving from a
common base class.
	-- Casey Duncan

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu--