[ltp] Other uses for the fingerprint reader?

Alex Polite linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:47:47 +0200

I haven't bothered to activate the fingerprint reader on my X60
tablet, partly because I'm not that security minded and if I where I
sure as hell wouldn't trust a fingerprint reader to keep prying eyes
away from my data.

But just now I realized that it might be put to other uses in tablet
mode. It would be cool if one could bind different fingers to
different functions in different programs. In acroread, the index
finger could be scroll up and down, the middle finger could be zoom in
and out, the ring finger could be pan and the pinky... Well you get
the idea.

Anyone experimenting with anything like that? Any ideas on how to go
about to accomplish it?

alex

--
http://polite.se