[ltp] Bluetooth disabled at boot

Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:29:14 +0300

--eHhjakXzOLJAF9wJ

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 07:35:20AM +0200, Marcus Better wrote:
> Since a few days or so, my R60 boots with Bluetooth off. I use kernel 2.6=
=2E24
> and have done so for months, so it's not the kernel. I don't know what
> changed in between.
>=20
> However the irritating thing is that when I press Fn-F5, it nicely enables
> Bluetooth but _disables_ the WiFi. What is the source of this idiocy?

I once read the acpi-support script for Fn-F5.  It was supposed to cycle
through four combinations:

  wifi on, bluetooth off
  wifi off, bluetooth on
  wifi on, bluetooth on
  wifi off, bluetooh off

> Will try to dig through the ACPI scripts. I'm running Debian
> testing/unstable with acpi-support 0.103-5.

Look in

  /etc/acpi/events/ibm-wireless
  /etc/acpi/ibm-wireless.sh

I previously used to create a separate script on Fn-F6 to toggle just
Bluetooth, but lately I've given up trying to get it to work.  (I blame
the hotkey mask that doesn't seem to stay set.)

Marius Gedminas
--=20
The BeOS takes the best features from the major operating systems. It's got
the power and flexibility of Unix, the interface and ease of use of the Mac=
OS,
and Minesweeper from Windows.
                -- Tyler Riti

--eHhjakXzOLJAF9wJ