[ltp] Re: Other uses for the fingerprint reader?

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:48:10 -0400

on Wed Apr 23 2008, Daniel Castro <castromd-AT-tcd.ie> wrote:

> well not really... i only use it for password authentication.... which
> as you said is not very safe..... but I'm not that crazy about
> security either, and swiping your finger is much faster....

Seriously?  I had the reader activated for a while and got so fed up
with misreads that I longed for the old days when I could just type in
my password accurately in a quarter second.  Has the software improved
recently?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting