[ltp] Re: hardy kernel 2.6.24-8 occasional system hangs, t60p

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:51:10 -0400

on Thu Feb 21 2008, Brad Langhorst <brad-AT-langhorst.com> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone else is testing hardy and seeing problems with
> random hangs sometimes on a t60p.

I am using hardy on a t60p.  The two biggest problems I've seen are
evolution-data-server and Xorg sometimes hanging with 100% cpu usage.
When Xorg hangs it's really bad, but I can sometimes ssh in and kill it.
Sometimes I need to rmmod fglrx to get the system back.

> I suspect a hardware problem given that alt+sysreq key combinations do
> nothing - but maybe there's some other explanation.
>
> Is there some other way to debug given that I have no serial port on
> this machine?

Install ssh-server and log in remotely.

--
Dave Abrahams