[ltp] Re: Other uses for the fingerprint reader?

Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:48:19 +0300

--R+My9LyyhiUvIEro

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:48:10AM -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
>=20
> on Wed Apr 23 2008, Daniel Castro <castromd-AT-tcd.ie> wrote:
> > well not really... i only use it for password authentication.... which
> > as you said is not very safe..... but I'm not that crazy about
> > security either, and swiping your finger is much faster....
>=20
> Seriously?  I had the reader activated for a while and got so fed up
> with misreads that I longed for the old days when I could just type in
> my password accurately in a quarter second.  Has the software improved
> recently?

Perhaps it is a matter of learning the proper alignment (straight) and
speed (not too fast).  I've been using thinkfinger since last August,
and perhaps 90% of my fingers are recognised correctly.  Very rarely I
have to try twice.

Occasionally I choose to type my password, because that way I don't have
to move my fingers away from the home row.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
"Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)"
(Linus Torvalds, about his failing hard drive on linux.cs.helsinki.fi)

--R+My9LyyhiUvIEro

--R+My9LyyhiUvIEro--