[ltp] Memory problems on my AP21

Constant Brouerius van Nidek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:25:13 +0700

On Friday 25 April 2008, bhaskins@chartermi.net wrote:
> ---- Constant Brouerius van Nidek <cbroueriusvannidek@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> FWIW I have a A21P with two of these  (KTM-TP390X/256) and It has been
> running fine for years. Memtest86 will run as long as you want it to with
> no errors.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if it makes a difference which of the card
slots you use if you have only one card? And should it matter if I have two
cards of different capacity which one is in which slot?
In my case I get 384MB if the 256 card is in the left slot and the 128 card in
the right. If I reverse their position I get only 64MB. Does this point to
the problem of solder joints as Ted suggested?