[ltp] Re: Other uses for the fingerprint reader?

Rolf Kutz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:58:08 +0200

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

On 25/04/08 18:48 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:48:10AM -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
>>=20
>> on Wed Apr 23 2008, Daniel Castro <castromd-AT-tcd.ie> wrote:
>> > well not really... i only use it for password authentication.... which
>> > as you said is not very safe..... but I'm not that crazy about
>> > security either, and swiping your finger is much faster....
>>=20
>> Seriously?  I had the reader activated for a while and got so fed up
>> with misreads that I longed for the old days when I could just type in
>> my password accurately in a quarter second.  Has the software improved
>> recently?
>
>Perhaps it is a matter of learning the proper alignment (straight) and
>speed (not too fast).  I've been using thinkfinger since last August,
>and perhaps 90% of my fingers are recognised correctly.  Very rarely I
>have to try twice.

Did you also test for false positives? Did you
try to cheat the system like this:

http://www.ccc.de/biometrie/fingerabdruck_kopieren?language=3Den

regards, Rolf
--=20