[ltp] issued with iwl4965 on t61 (stops working and causes segmentation fault)

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:02:00 +0300

I have two problems with my iwl4965 card on a t61 laptop.

The first is that it seems to work OK as long as there is load on the network.
For example if I do a long download it will remain connected. The problem is
that after some time with no load it just stops to work. The network is
disconnected and will not connect again until I unload and reload the module.

A thought struck me today that it may be just going into power save and not
coming back out. Is there a way to check and or disable power states on this
card?

This brings me to the second problem. It seems that unloading and reloading the
module causes the occasional kernel oops (seems to be usually related to

Currently I'm using the compatwireless version of the module, although the
intel one I used on previous kernels until it stopped compiling and the
in-kernel one all gave me the same problems.

I am running debian unstable with kernel 2.6.24.4 at the moment

Thanks