[ltp] the Winmodem on my AP21

Constant Brouerius van Nidek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:34:24 +0700

Running OpenSuse 10.3 on one of the partitions on my AP21 I always went back
to Windows XP in case that I wanted to use a modem. Since I have crashed
Windows and I presume that I will not revive it, I am looking into the
possibilities to use it full under linux.
Downloaded the latest scanModem and got the latest info about my modem.
Its is as expected a 3Com Corporation Mini PCI 56K Winmodem.
The final info on that modem tells me that the 3COM.winmodem, PCI_id 10b7:1007
is not supported under linux 2.6.n kernels.
Somewhere, I think it was in the Thinkwiki, I read that this winmodem could
run under linux.. Somebody else using this modem? Need some expert help in
order to get this modem running. In Linux or perhaps wine.