[ltp] Re: Critical Temperature Trip Points?

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:25:36 -0400

on Mon Apr 28 2008, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh-AT-hmh.eng.br> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, David Abrahams wrote:
>> on Mon Apr 28 2008, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh-AT-hmh.eng.br> wrote:

>> > There seems to be a bunch of batteries out there doing this.
>> >
>> > Please send me by private mail the following information:
>
> Can you test in Windows if the battery also misreports its
> temperature?

I don't currently have dual boot set up; do you think my kvm windows
installation will report anything reasonable?

Of course I can install windows XP all over again, but, well... that's
painful.

> I don't know how to get all thermal sensors from Windows, though, you'd
> need a third-party program I believe.  Probably one of the thinkpad
> fan-controller programs for windows will do it, since they need the
> thermal sensors to implement a fan control loop in windows userspace.

NHC was my favored item when I ran Windows

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting