[ltp] Re: Re: T61 brightness/volume

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:49:16 +0200

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 12:25:51PM +0000, Marcus Better wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > echo 10 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video1/brightness
>
> I have a new Intel-based T61 and the brightness keys don't work. Surprise,
> surprise :) I'm running mainline kernel 2.6.25 (x86_64), Debian with X.org
> 7.3 and KDE 4, xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.3.0-1.
>
> I can control brightness using xbacklight. The above command does set the
> brightness, but it is promptly reset back to the previous setting when I
> press any key - very strange.
>
> The Fn-Home and Fn-End keys seem to generate two press/release input event
> pairs on each press. Here I pressed and released them once each:

Maybe KDE is in the path.

The "legacy" part was necessary on -rc7 or 8, I don't remember. I'm using an
2.6.25+thinkpad-acpi patch, and still no real success, except with xbacklight.
What I need is to hack some stuff in powersaved so it can talk to xbacklight
when brightness keys are pressed, I guess.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis