[ltp] Thinkpad hotkeys on Ubuntu /Xubuntu 8.04LTS

Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:03:32 +0300

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:26:06PM -0400, rrkrr wrote:
> I had working thinkpad hotkeys on the Unbuntu Hardy early versions.  In =
=20
> particular the "pause" key, which is pressed by closing the display lid, =
=20
> worked fine.
> Now that I have "upgraded" to Hardy 8.04LTS, I get a bootup message =20
> saying there is an error in hotkey-setup, namely that the directory  =20
> "/proc/acpi/ibm/hotkeys" does not exist.
> Is anyone familiar with this problems?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Microsoft's entry in this cavalcade of horrors is Universal Plug and Play
(UPnP).  This is a protocol that allows [...] an end-user system to request=
dynamic port-forwarding from the firewall to the box.  Many network
administrators will probably (rightly) recoil at letting applications on a
Windows box dictate firewall policy.
        -- Anthony Baxter

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY--