[ltp] Re: Shut-down/Halt/Reboot Problem on a ThinkPad T61

Daniel Castro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:09:51 +0100

--------------000603070509080905020008

I tried with to boot options, but no luck... and just noticed that my
suspen to RAM is also broken. Which I don't care because I don't use it.
But the shutdown problem does annoys me.

It is weird, because if I shutdown right after turning it on it works
fine, it is usually after a while of using the computer.
If I could only know what to monitor or troubleshoot this. I have tried
so many things.
But since I don't know how to trigger the problem is difficult.

Cheers!

________________________

Daniel Castro
Networking and Distributed Systems
Computer Science
Trinity College Dublin

Mobile: 083-318-2058
86.4.3 Trinity Hall, Dartry Road, Dublin 6
________________________

Bernhard Marx wrote:
> Daniel Castro <castromd@tcd.ie> writes:
>

>> Anyone any ideas?
>>

> Yes, but a vague one.
>

>> Daniel Castro wrote:
>>

>>> Unmount local filesystems
>>>
>>> Will now halt
>>>

>>> Then it will be there like for 10 seconds and then it goes to a
>>> black screen, with a blinking cursor in the top left of the screen
>>> and nothing else will happen after.
>>>

> It might have to do with ACPI or APM. I remember to have had similar
> problems a few years ago with a desktop.
>
> Try experimenting with the following boot options: noapic, apm=off, noacpi,
> acpi=off

--------------000603070509080905020008

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I tried with to boot options, but no luck... and just noticed that my
suspen to RAM is also broken. Which I don't care because I don't use it.<br>
But the shutdown problem does annoys me.<br>
It is weird, because if I shutdown right after turning it on it works
fine, it is usually after a while of using the computer.<br>
If I could only know what to monitor or troubleshoot this. I have tried
so many things.<br>
But since I don't know how to trigger the problem is difficult.<br>
Cheers!<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">________________________

Daniel Castro
Networking and Distributed Systems
Computer Science
Trinity College Dublin

Mobile: 083-318-2058
86.4.3 Trinity Hall, Dartry Road, Dublin 6
________________________
</pre>
Bernhard Marx wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Daniel Castro <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:castromd@tcd.ie">&lt;castromd@tcd.ie&gt;</a> writes: