[ltp] Re: Critical Temperature Trip Points?

Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:04:12 -0300

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, David Abrahams wrote:
> Okay, I installed tp_smapi and read that temperature.  It came to 32300
> milli-Celsius, approximately 32C which is what my BAT1 sensor reads
> according to sensors-applet.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

It isn't.  The SBS firmware reports the cell temperature, not the
charger temperature.

> Henrique, is that enough for you, or do you really, really, really want
> the readout from Windows?

It doesn't tell me if Lenovo did something in Windows to avoid the 50C
reading, or if it is yet another Linux ACPICA versus Lenovo ACPI BIOS
issue.  The new Lenovo BIOS can get *really* pissed at whatever we do in
ACPI, sometimes.

Examples are your *61 draining itself to battery shutdown when it is
supposed to be off.  That's not just a BIOS bug.

So, yes, I still need the Windows angle.

  Henrique Holschuh