[ltp] Proper driver for T61 with nVidia graphic card...

Petar Milin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:01:50 +0200

Hello!
I own T61 with nVidia card, and Ubunty Hardy on it. Firstly, I followed
instructions and installed nVidia driver via Ubuntu's System >
Administration > Hardware Drivers, which selected nvidia-glx-new from
the repository. Later, I saw on the Lenovo site nVidia driver for T61
and R61:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-69135
Although it is for SuSE, I managed to install it following the
instructions.
However, since I am not an expert, I wonder which one of the two above
(from repositories or from Lenovo site) is better to have installed.
Could anyone comment and give advice?

Sincerely,
PM