[ltp] Massive nVidia GPU failure rate in the field, but no recall

Chris Penn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 15:28:27 -0500

What is more important
Nvidia takes charge for bad chips?
or
Who is to blame?

The truth is, Nvidia has supported the Linux community more then most
when it comes to hardware in the last few year.  When i buy a laptop
or a graphics card, I look for Nvidia because I know, from experience,
their hardware works better and drivers are available.  Now if Nvidia
was only supporting 2D graphics for Linux, as ATI use to do, I would
have a serious problem with Nvidia.

There are a lot of issues with Nvidia not bringing their drivers open
source.  I wish they would do this, but as a community, we can only
keep asking.

Chris...