[ltp] battery trouble

Helmut Hullen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
02 Aug 2008 18:10:00 +0200

Hallo, Laurent,

Du (pumpkin) meintest am 01.08.08:

> These 2 lines are not OK:

>> last full capacity:      25300 mWh
>> remaining capacity:      11900 mWh

> cause they should show the same value. Turn off the Thinkpad,
> disconnect the PSU, take the battery out. Press the power-on
> button several times. Reconnect the PSU and battery and check
> the values again.

I have some battery packs for the Thinkpad T2x. nearly all show such a
difference (they are old ...). Doesn't matter.

One battery pack makes more problems; after many months with no (big)
problems now it shows the yellow LED when it's AC driven. But when I
take away the AC adapter (the DC end), then the LED shows green.

(I'd look for the english names of power supply etc. ...)

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut