[ltp] killing the antena on atheros card

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 3 Aug 2008 01:32:19 +0300

Hello,

I have the t61 with the pci-e atheros card using madwifi at the moment (there
was some rumor on the list that the ath4k may work with some patch incorporated
or not into upstream but I didn't try that yet).

anyway, is there a way to kill the antena on this card? I tried
echo 1 > /sys/module/ath_pci/parameters/rfkill
but it doesn't seem to do the job. The hardware switch also seems to do nothing
with this card, it only affects the bluetooth (it seems that it is software
controlled with the card unlike iwl4965, unless there is a bios switch). It
would be an issue with airplanes unless I can kill the antena.

thanks