[ltp] kernel 2.6.26 and iwl4965

Takis Diakoumis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Aug 2008 22:46:15 +1000

Hi

i just upgraded to kernel 2.6.26.1 on my T61 - finally got the wireless
LED flickering. thats unfortunately where my joy stopped. it comes up
ok, connects with my access point and receives an IP. i can probably
access a couple of network resources before the connection dumps. it
doesn't say so - the connection reports as up. if i reload the module or
restart the networking services, it goes down and then comes up again
but dumps within seconds.

i upgraded the firmware from http://intellinuxwireless.org/?n=downloads
but this didn't help. i rebooted under my last kernel build v2.6.25.7
and it works fine (i'm on it now). i can't figure whats changed here.

anyone else experiencing funnies with the iwl4965 under 2.6.26? what did
i miss? suggestions appreciated...

thanks
Takis