[ltp] Suspend/resume on X61s laptops?

Mon, 4 Aug 2008 21:19:58 +0200

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 14:23:50 -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> I'm running a 2.6.26-rc1 kernel, and sometime between, oh 2.6.26-rc6 or
> so, up to include 2.6.26 and 2.6.26-rc1, suspend/resume has broken for
> me on my Thinkpad X61s laptop.
>
> The other thing that happend around that timeframe was that I upgraded
> to the 2.14 BIOS, and I'm wondering if that may have caused the problem.
> I haven't had a chance to rebuild and test an ancient "known good"
> kernel from the 2.6.26-rc5 era, but before I do that, I'm wondering if
> other folks have had luck getting suspend/resume working on the 2.6.26
> kernel on an X61/X61s laptop --- and if so, what BIOS version they are
> using.

Hi,

I use 2.6.26 on my X61s since its release. In most cases, I use suspend
to disk using TuxOnIce, but sometimes I also use suspend to RAM. I
can't remember any suspend/resume failures. I did have failed resumes
with the in-kernel-suspend to disk (swsusp), though.

A week ago I upgraded to BIOS 2.14.

Regards,
Tino