[ltp] Suspend/resume on X61s laptops?

Theodore Tso linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 17:31:12 -0400

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 04:09:46PM -0400, Vincent C Jones wrote:
> As was reported awhile ago on this list, 2.6.26 broke the S3 hacks for
> reinitializing the video bios during resume from suspend (search for
> "Big Real Mode"). Happy to report this is fixed in 2.6.26.1 so my X61
> finally has suspend/resume, fancy blinking wireless lights, and no
> longer consumes almost as much energy hibernating as it does suspended.

Thanks for that info.

I'm using 2.6.27-rc1 (actually the Linus kernel as of Saturday), and
it is NOT fixed there; suspend/resume is not working for me.  I'll
have to look and see which of the patches in 2.6.26.1 might be
related, and try to figure out why it's not yet in mainline yet.  (I
thought normally all patches were supposed to be in mainline before
they go into a stable tree....)

							- Ted