[ltp] Suspend/resume on X61s laptops?

Theodore Tso linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:43:41 -0400

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 10:18:24PM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> I guess I'm hit with the same kind of bug (see
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=493900) but still need
> to investigate on how/why it's really happening.

This is exactly what I'm seeing on my X61s.  Suspend works, but resume
fails; the screen lights up, and I see a blinking cursr on a text-mode
console, but the machine is totally stuck, and I have to hard
power-cycle the machine to get control back.  It's good to see someone
else is having the same problem; I was beginning to think it was only
me.  :-)

I'll have to try removing the quirk and seeing if it works for me.  I
assume you were able to have any acpi_sleep=s3_bios on the boot
command line, and you've also disabled vbe or post hacks in
/etc/default/acpi-support?

Part of thing that makes this whole hard to debug is there is no
useful information other than a hung resume, and there are so many
knobs that potentially could need tweeaking in order to get things
working, so it becomes an exponential problm in combinatorics.

Thanks, regards,

	       	       	  	      	     	- Ted