[ltp] rfkill in 2.6.27

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 06 Aug 2008 00:05:22 +0200

--=-96B3p+69ii5OlGCX60ev

Hi,

due to brightness keys testing, I'm currently waving between 2.6.26 and
2.6.27 (git). I noticed now the bluetooth LED is alway on when booting
(even when I blacklist hci_usb), and I now from reading thinkpad-acpi
documentation that /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth is deprecated and the sysfs
interface too.

Currently I can switch off all radio using the switch on front of my
T61, but it'll turn off bluetooth *and* wifi. Which is nice for when no
radio needs to be emitted, but for my general use is not. I'd like a way
to activate bluetooth or wifi independantly.

Is there some userspace tool usable currently (something hooked up in Fn
+F5 maybe?) or should I keep using /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth until it
disappear? And how should I tell it to start disabled (but with wifi
enabled)?

Cheers and thanks,
--=20
Yves-Alexis