[ltp] Booting from a portable drive bay? (was: [Thinkpad] Booting a X31 from USB without the HPA to get into BIOS?)

Richard Hartmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 01:06:22 +0200

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 00:12, Vincent C Jones
<v.jones@networkingunlimited.com> wrote:

> Just checking the obvious, but you are using the USB port on the side of
> the box, which is powered, rather than the one on the back, which is
> not? On my X32, USB boot only works on the side USB port.

These are not USB CD-ROM drives. They come with a PCMCIA card which
has a PATA controller in it.

In case you are referring to the USB stick, I tried all USB ports, just to be
sure.

Richard