[ltp] T61 Atheros wireless LED

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 10:21:59 +0300

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:21:00 -0300
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Micha wrote:
> > There is also a ath5k driver both in the kernel and compatwireless but
> > although it recognises my card it fails to actually communicate. I've been
> > told not long ago on this list that it's because the card is pci-e and
> > there is an issue with the interrupts at the moment.
>
> I have seen a patch for that already in the linux-wireless ML, it just
> disables MSI for now on all ath5k and ath9k cards, and that's enough to fix
> the interrupt issues.  Which doesn't mean everything will work, but at least
> it will have a non-zero chance to :-)
>
> It might even be on the newest wireless-compat already, but you can look at
> the linux-wireless archives for ath5k: emails and check.

I just checked it out. No patch needed. Booting the kernel with the option
pci=nomsi made the card work with the ath5k driver from compat wireless (no led
at the moment though). No idea what other effect this options has, didn't find
much regarding it's meaning in google.

nm-applet disconnected immediately first time through, didn't have time to test
it farther. Works now with wep and manual configurations though.