[ltp] battery and capacity loss

Karel Podvolecky linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Aug 2008 16:58:08 +0200

Hi Riccardo,
   yes, go to service tell them about it. They will replace battery. I
had similar problem, but capacity drop was to about 75% and they
replaced it for free.

but before try to "reset" battery:
1) charge to full capacity
2) discharge (cat 1 > /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/force_discharge)
3) charge to full capacity

Is that change enytning?

GL

kapo