[ltp] First Time

Zaki Akhmad linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:48:25 +0700

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 9:24 PM, K.-Heinz Hagenbucher <umlungu@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Hi Zaki (hope it's your Fristname)

Yup, it's my first name

> Why did you switch to debian? (Ubuntu is debian based)
> Was it as easy to install as it is with Ubuntu?

Nope. I need to do more work on Debian. I have to install ntfs-3g by
my own, so that my NTFS partition get detected. Debian is harder than
Ubuntu. Ubuntu is better for beginner.

> I'm not a power user, just like the spirit of Linux, and off course I
> like the way it works, and has for me the last few years.
> Windows has gone for my, just at work, it's still there! ;o(
> What screen do you have (mine is 1400x1050), and what grafic-card do you
> have (mine is the ATI mobility 9000) I've got Compiz running under 7.10,
> but for daily use, it's no good for this hardware. But it's nice to show
> "vista"-people what others can do better! hahaha

My computer resolution only 1024x768. My graphic card is

# lspci
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RC410 [Radeon
Xpress 200M]

Heinz (hope it's your first name), what activity you do on your computer?

--
Zaki Akhmad