[ltp] RE: svideo output on thinkpad z61e

Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:19:46 +0100

Bryan Moore wrote:

>>> my television doesn't have an option to change it's region, so i'm
>>> going to assume--possibly incorrectly--that it is set correctly. one
>>> down, many to go.
>> Some TVs are capable of receiving multiple different encodings, such
>> as NTSC or PAL. Sounds like your TV isn't multi-format capable (which
>> is perfectly OK). Therefore ,you will need to make sure your computer
>> is set to output video in the same format as your TV expects.
>>
>> More here, including a useful map.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pal
>
> nope... i'm pretty sure my tv is ntsc and the computer is set to output
> as such.

Unfortunately, that's the limit of my advice, though someone else here
may be able to help.

One alternative method is to purchase a VGA -> S-Video  converter box.
Such devices cost only about $20. It's not an elegant solution, but it
might be the quickest!

Richard