[ltp] RE: svideo output on thinkpad z61e

Bryan Moore linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 10 Aug 2008 20:45:42 -0400

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:19:46 +0100
Richard Neill <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Bryan Moore wrote:

> >> Some TVs are capable of receiving multiple different encodings,
> >> such as NTSC or PAL. Sounds like your TV isn't multi-format
> >> capable (which is perfectly OK). Therefore ,you will need to make
> >> sure your computer is set to output video in the same format as
> >> your TV expects.
> >>
> >> More here, including a useful map.
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pal
> >
> > nope... i'm pretty sure my tv is ntsc and the computer is set to
> > output as such.
> >

> Unfortunately, that's the limit of my advice, though someone else
> here may be able to help.
>
> One alternative method is to purchase a VGA -> S-Video  converter box.
> Such devices cost only about $20. It's not an elegant solution, but
> it might be the quickest!
>
> Richard
yeah, i've looked around and seen an s-video-to-component converter for
about that price... dirty, dirty solution. ;-)

you know, someday, linux users won't have to resort to such "crass"
fixes.

thanks, again, for all your assistance!