[ltp] R61 Thermals

Daniel Castro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:19:44 +0100

--------------000408020207070805060502

I see what you mean. I'm in the same position with my T61. Apparently
the only way to learn about the other sensors is to open the laptop and
do as other people did on that website. I suppose that will void the
warranty so I'm not doing it.

________________________

Daniel Castro
Networking and Distributed Systems
Computer Science
Trinity College Dublin

Mobile: 083-318-2058
86.4.3 Trinity Hall, Dartry Road, Dublin 6
________________________

Dan wrote:
>>> Dan wrote:
>>>
>>> I know I have seen this recently but I don't recall if it was for
>>> R61's or not.  I have gathered some information on thermals for the
>>> R61 but was looking to see if anyone has found more information than
>>> what I have gathered.
>>> 773219u - intel grfx
>>>
>>> Below is a list:
>>>
>>> temperatures:   41 37 32 -128 27 -128 28 -128 36 39 35 -128 -128 -128 -128
>>> -128
>>> -------------------------------------
>>> 1 - 41 - Processor
>>> 2 - 37 - UNK (Mini?)
>>> 3 - 32 - UNK (Chipset?)
>>> 4 - N/A
>>> 5 - 27 - 7cell Battery (Reads 50C with 4 cell in)
>>> 6 - N/A
>>> 7 - 4 or 7 cell Battery
>>> 8 - N/A
>>>
>>> 2 Doesn't look like the HDD as hddtemp reports 2C lower.
>>>
>>> Ideas?
>>>

> <snip>
>
>> This page can help you a bit.
>> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Thermal_Sensors#ThinkPad_.7B.7BT60.7D.7D
>>

> Right, I have been there and learned quite a bit.  But I was looking
> for more information on the R61 specifically, as the temps are model
> specific.

--------------000408020207070805060502

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I see what you mean. I'm in the same position with my T61. Apparently
the only way to learn about the other sensors is to open the laptop and
do as other people did on that website. I suppose that will void the
warranty so I'm not doing it.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">________________________

Daniel Castro
Networking and Distributed Systems
Computer Science
Trinity College Dublin

Mobile: 083-318-2058
86.4.3 Trinity Hall, Dartry Road, Dublin 6
________________________
</pre>
Dan wrote:
 cite="mid:56f8d0620808101452j1cf84d64h2eef9a1116044fbd@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Dan wrote:

[...]

  <pre wrap=""><!---->&lt;snip&gt;
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">This page can help you a bit.
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Thermal_Sensors#ThinkPad_.7B.7BT60.7D.7D">http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Thermal_Sensors#ThinkPad_.7B.7BT60.7D.7D</a>
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->