[ltp] RE: svideo output on thinkpad z61e

Bryan Moore linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 08:56:35 -0400

On 11 Aug 2008 08:07:00 +0200
"Helmut Hullen" <Hullen@t-online.de> wrote:

> Hallo, Bryan,
>
> Du (moore.bryan) meintest am 10.08.08:
>
> > that's just it... i'm trying to mirror my desktop so as to be able
> > to show my students a movie from my laptop onto a classroom tv.
>
> We take "splitter" boxes and connect (x)VGA displays to them. TV
> displays often need that the computer's resolution is reduced to
> 800x600 or to 640x480.
> But if you use a laptop you can connect an (X)VGA display (or a
> beamer) too without such a splitter.

i'm assuming windows does that automatically/natively? it is a laptop
with an s-video port; i was simply plugging the s-video cable into the
laptop and then the tv... is there another way i should be doing it?