[ltp] X31: Four cycles of four short beeps and a blank screen

laptopheaven linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:27:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Evgeni,

do you havestill this error on your X31 Laptop ?

I hope I can help you...

I just had the same error on an X31 that comes to me for a repair.

After opening the laptop I had the same error, and I was wondering where the
hell this error comes from.

I found out that during dismanteling I pulled out a little bit the  IEEE
daughter card that sits left
of the battery.
When plugging int his card back the error went away!!!!!
Please check if this card has full contact with your motherboard !

Regards
Laptopheaven