[ltp] Lock on Harddisk

Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:54:04 +0100

Zaki Akhmad wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to ask permission for asking this question, first. Since
> it's not related to linux specifically. I have my Thinkpad being
> service. I lock my harddisk. Then can I unlock it from another
> machine? Is it a must I unlock it from identic thinkpad?

If you're sending your TP in for service, I suggest you don't send the
disk at all. If you care about your data, it's too high a risk (and they
might just say "sorry, you installed Linux; no warranty support for you".)

It's quite normal for big companies to do this, so pretend that you are
not allowed to part with your corporate data, and send back a TP with no
disk in it.

Regards,

Richard