[ltp] Re: battery and capacity loss

Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:01:56 -0300

Hi Stefan!

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> >> No need to do that, the setting is stored in EC so unless you remove the
> >> battery and AC adapter it's saved.
> > I do that often.
>
> Also, IIUC, on many models, just having the machine "off" and
> unplugging the AC is enough to lose this EC setting, even if the battery
> is still in.

Correct.  The "doesn't shutdown on AC removal with main CPU offline"
behaviour is very new.  No IBM ThinkPads have it.

I don't know which Lenovo ThinkPads don't, though.

It *does* mean you need to unplug AC and remove battery if you ever hit EC
issues that get it into a bad state on the new Lenovo ThinkPads.

  Henrique Holschuh