[ltp] Brightness Problem with R61i

umesh b linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:29:35 +0530

------=_Part_28281_21786757.1219327175414

Hi All,

I have installed Debian Lenny on my machine(Thinkpad R61i). I am using
custom kernel 2.6.25.6 with changes for USB modems.
The ALSA sound module is working fine and the Volume keys are working with
the GUI indication(volume is going up and down).

But the Brightness keys (Fn+Pgup or Pgdwn) are not working fine. The GUI
indication is happening but the Brightness is neither going down nor up.

But if in ROOT console i manipulate brightness through the proc file system,
then brightness is getting changed.

This brings down brightness
echo 4 > /proc/acpi/ibm/cmos

This brings up brightness
echo 5 > /proc/acpi/ibm/cmos

During this too i am getting the GUI indication from the tpb module.

Any suggestions on how to debug this??

Regards,
Umesh