[ltp] Re: Sound with Debian unstable, KDE 4.1 & X31?

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:40:19 +0200

Hi Richard,

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:15:15 +0200 Richard Hartmann wrote:

> for some reason, I am unable to make sound work on a current Debian unstable
> with KDE 4.1. Did anyone experience something similar? If yes, how did you fix
> it?

This mail is written on a X31 while listening to some music, so no
problems here ;)
The internal soundcard works with the snd-intel8x0 driver.
What does you /proc/asound/cards look like? Did you play with alsamixer
to unmute the channels? Did you unmute it with the buttons near the
Access IBM button?

Regards
Evgeni