[ltp] Sound input issues with t61

Micha linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 30 Aug 2008 01:10:16 +0300

I replaced my t61 with a newer one, this one by lenovo, no IBM written on it.
Everything also works using the intel hda driver except I can't seem to be able
to record any audio on the internal microphone (mostly needed for skype). I
tried all input options but nothing seems to give me any recording input.
Turning up the volume on the internal mike does give me output on the internal
speakers so I'm guessing that the micorphone itself does work but doesn't route
to an input stream for some reason.

I'd be happy for any ideas on what to try next.

This is with a 2.6.26.3 with thinkpad_acpi, protect patch (same behaviour
without it), tuxonice

Thanks