[ltp] Internal speakers disappeared on a T61

Tue, 2 Dec 2008 01:05:50 +0200

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 04:19:55PM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> I've a Lenovo T61.  Since last Friday I can only hear sound through
> headphones, but not through the built-in speakers.  Alsamixer shows that
> all the relevant volume controls are unmuted (including the 'speaker'
> toggle) and have non-zero volume.

All the usual remedies (kill pulseaudio & other users, rmmod
snd-hda-intel, modprobe snd-hda-intel; suspend/resume; reboot) didn't
help, but the problem went away all by itself today.

Weird.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Well, there's a quantum computer that can factor 15, so those of you using
4-bit RSA should worry.
        -- Bruce Schneier

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl--