[ltp] Anyone using Ubuntu 8.10 on X60s / X61s? (battery life)

xaniel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 10:24:19 -0800 (PST)

It all depends on which battery you have. I have a 1.8GHZ Core 2 Duo X61s w/
4cell standard battery. I get about two hours of normal use, I also have  a
320GB 7200rpm HDD. Power management in linux is getting better, however it's
not the greatest. Windows has all types of options i have been able to get 4
hours of usage with this configuration. You may also want to note your
battery health, if it is old then it's not going to hold the greatest
charge.

Xaniel