[ltp] Can't Suspend T60 running F10

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 06 Dec 2008 21:26:41 -0600

Under Fedora 9, kernel 2.6.27.5, suspend-resume worked every time,
although sometimes sound would not be present upon resume (I think
related to Flash player). Upon upgrading to F10, kernel
2.6.27.5-117.fc10, suspend locks the machine. The GUI disappears, and
the console shows this lone line of text:

And a blinking cursor on the next line. The machine does not respond to
any action except holding the power button (but I haven't tried a
hardware reset).

I downloaded and ran the 2.6.27.7-135.fc10.i686 kernel, and while I now
get the awesome startup animation, suspend and hibernate still both hang
with that same line on the screen. I did not try hibernate under F9 or
the 2.6.27.5-117 kernel.

Curiously, that line appears when I perform a shutdown, but the machine
does shut down.

Any tips? Did I miss a discussion on this already?

Thank you,
Chris